4 Ways to Transform Your Therapy Website
As a subject matter expert in counseling and psychology topics, I offer these standard packages of writing and editing services for therapists. Which one meets your needs?
- You know your site needs some tweaking, but you're not sure what to do next: The 30-Minute Makeover
- You're pretty happy with your site, but you want to make sure there are no typos or glaring errors: The Once-Over
- You're off to an okay start with the writing on your website, but it needs some help to fit your personality and/or speak to your ideal client: The Reframe
- You want an active blog with regularly appearing posts, but you don't have time to write them (or can't think of relevant topics): The Ghostwriter
Custom packages are available, too. Email me at email@example.com and we'll collaborate on a plan that's just right for your site.
(Just need editing help for your own articles or blog posts? Scroll down to Editing: Per Piece or Retainer below.)
The 30-Minute Makeover ($180)
When to choose this option: You know that your website needs to be improved, and you want to do it yourself, but you're not sure what to tackle next. You want someone to see your site the way that clients see it and tell you how to fix problem areas. And you want a clear, detailed action map that's broken into simple 30-minute tasks to keep you from getting overwhelmed.
What you'll get: Specific constructive feedback on the effectiveness of your existing website, along with a clear list of "next step" actions telling you exactly what to do so that your site can work harder for you.
How it works: You'll send me your website URL, and I'll ask a couple of brief questions via email. I'll look closely at every page of your site, including blog posts. Then, I'll write up a detailed assessment that includes:
- What you're doing right, and how you can tweak it just a bit for even greater client appeal.
- The key areas that could use improvement, along with my recommendations for what to do next.
The assessment will feature tips on how to improve 3 aspects of your site:
- The tone and general content of the text, including everything from your About page to your blog.
- The visual aesthetics of the site as a whole.
- The clarity of your target market (which clients you're trying to attract).
You'll be able to follow the assessment step by step to make your website powerfully appealing to the clients you want.
Payment terms: Full fee to reserve your package within an agreed timespan.
When to choose this option: Your website already has all the text it needs, and you want a professional eye to check for any errors or typos that you may have overlooked.
What you'll get: Proofreading of the text on your website, including up to 7 static pages and your 10 most recent blog posts. That means I'll correct any grammar and spelling mistakes and make sure that any recurring terms (such as your business name or credentials) are used consistently.
How it works: You send me your site URL. For any pages with errors or inconsistencies, I'll paste your existing text into a Word document and use the Track Changes feature to suggest corrections. I'll provide a second Word document that includes the corrected text of your blog posts.
If you have more than 7 static pages and 10 blog posts to be edited, I'll give you a custom quote. (Proofreading does not include substantial editing/rewriting; scroll down to view the Reframe package.)
Payment terms: Full fee to reserve your package within an agreed timespan.
The Once-Over ($98)
When to choose this option: You've got all the usual stuff set up on your site—the About page, description of services, specialty pages—but it doesn't quite capture your personality. Or, you've got the personality thing down, but you're not sure if what you've written will appeal to your ideal client. Or, you feel like there might be too much text on your site, and it's diluting your message.
What you'll get: A rewrite of your home page, About page, and up to 4 of your website's specialty or landing pages so that they effectively convey your therapeutic self to attract the right clients. I'll reframe what you have so that it's concise and persuasive, but not pushy. (This package does not include rewriting blog posts.)
How it works: You'll provide your site URL and share your concerns about what's not working right now. After a brief Skype or phone chat so that I can capture your therapeutic "voice" accurately, I'll paste your current website content into Word documents (one for each page) and use the Track Changes feature to offer suggestions on how to reword and reformat your text. If the voice isn't quite right on the first rewrite, you'll be able to request up to 2 revisions at no additional charge.
Payment terms: $250 deposit to begin work; I'll invoice you for the remainder upon submitting the completed rewrites.
The Reframe ($560)
When to choose this option: You know that having a blog on your site would attract more of your ideal clients, and you just don't have the time and energy to do it yourself. Or, you have great ideas for a blog, but you're aware that writing isn't your strength.
What you'll get: A unique 700-word blog article emailed to you every week, ready to post to your website under your byline. This package keeps me on retainer to provide you with weekly ghostwritten content customized for your audience (and not available anywhere else on the Internet). This type of informative content helps you to build your online reputation as an expert in your field.
How it works: We'll start with a 30-minute Skype or phone call (no extra charge) so that I can learn more about the intent of your blog and who you want to reach, in addition to capturing your natural "voice." I'll also ask about other bloggers whose style or format you like, so that I can provide exactly the kind of blog posts you're looking for. If you have ideas about potential blog articles, you'll pass them on to me. Otherwise, I'll come up with a list of 10 article topics to get us started, with compelling headlines for each one. After you've approved the list, I'll begin sending you a weekly Word document containing a completed, ready-to-post blog article for you to copy and paste into your site. The monthly fee for this package includes one revision per article, if needed.
Payment terms: The monthly fee, due in full by the 21st of each month, secures your place in the following month's blog queue.
➤ If weekly posts aren't in your budget, ask me about a biweekly or monthly blog option.
➤ Looking for a blog-appearing-like-magic option, in which I use your site login to post completed blog articles on preapproved topics directly to your site every week? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about the Blog Magic package.
The Ghostwriter ($508/month)
Editing: Per Piece or Retainer
Just need someone to edit the blog posts or promotional articles that you write yourself? A light edit of your blog post or article includes cleaning up minor errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I may also suggest adding more white space for readability or an adjustment in your headline for better SEO.
I offer these editing options for therapists:
- Pay per piece. This option makes sense if you are blogging monthly or biweekly (or just once in a blue moon), or if you occasionally write articles for venues like LinkedIn or Psychology Today to market your private practice. You email me with a final draft whenever you complete one; I put it into my queue and let you know when the edited document will be returned. This option is invoiced one job at a time, and you send materials at your own pace whenever you're able to get the writing done.
- Put me on a monthly retainer. Do you write your own articles or blog posts at a rate of 6-8 per month or more, but need an eagle eye to catch errors? Get light editing on demand with an unlimited number of short pieces for a monthly fee. This option guarantees a 48-hour turnaround because your incoming work will always jump the line. Invoicing happens on the 21st for the upcoming month. The retainer is month-to-month (not auto-debited), and retainer payments are nonrefundable. If you have questions about whether this is the right editing option for you, just ask—I won't steer you wrong.
Not sure which service is right for you?
Send me an email about the challenges you're facing with your website, and I'll recommend a package for you or develop a customized plan at no charge.
Check out the FAQ for questions about ghostwriting, editing, and how hiring a freelance writer can help your blog or website.